How Can a Disabled Vet Apply For Social Security Disability Benefits?

June 5th, 2014 | by RON BELL

Recently, mainstream media has been focusing on United States Veterans and the medical care our military men and women are receiving.  Many veteran hospitals and veteran medical centers nationwide have come under fire for the lack of care being given to our wounded soldiers.  However, a more favorable announcement has come from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) regarding disability compensation.  The VA has now stated there is an expedited disability claim process for veterans and those with a rating of 100% Permanent & Total (P&T).  Under the new process, Social Security Administration (SSA) will treat these veterans’ applications as high priority and issue expedited decisions, similar to the way the agency currently handles Wounded Warrior disability claims.

This news couldn’t come any sooner since the baby boomer generation is aging and more veterans of the Iraq war and Afghanistan war need long-term medical care and may not be able to work.  This new expedited SS disability claim process shall assist with reducing backlogs so that our most disabled veterans receive the benefits they’ve earned.  An attorney in New Mexico can assist you or a family member who is a disabled veteran with the Social Security disability application.  An experienced SSI attorney knows what questions to ask and which medical documentation is necessary to ensure your disability claim is approved.

In order to receive the expedited service, veterans must tell their New Mexico disability lawyer  they have a VA disability compensation rating of 100% P&T and show proof of their disability rating with their VA Notification Letter.  However, if you don’t have proof of your disability simply contact an injury lawyer for a consultation and ensure your rights are protected by allowing them to represent you.

Why Choose Ron Bell Injury Lawyers?

We Get Results!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Share This Page

505-336-5005 505-437-4926 505-560-9221